Registration for the ECMGG is now closed for 2022
In 2020 the ECMGG was cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic. In 2021 it was successfully provided as an online exam.
The format in 2022 will be very similar to the examination in 2021, i.e. two parts, online:
1. Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) paper – 110 questions. This paper will be scheduled for June 24th, 2022, delivered online with remote proctoring in association with a commercial examination provider. It is usually accessible from any private location with a good internet connection. A trial connection will be undertaken during the weeks prior to the exam. It will be essential to pass the MCQ paper to progress to the oral assessment.
2. Short Oral Assessment (SOA) – 6 stations. This will be scheduled for September 19th, 2022 for those candidates who passed the MCQ paper.
More details are available in the
2022 Examination General Document
which is also available on this page
For logistic reasons, the number of candidates that can be accommodated in the 2022 ECMGG will be limited to 50. Priority will be given to candidates from nations which are members of the UEMS-Section of Medical Genetics. Non-medical graduates are not eligible to sit the ECMGG.
1. Candidates must check their eligibility to sit the exam
2. To express interest in registering for the examination, complete this short form (registrations for ECMGG 2022 are now closed).
3. When the expression of interest has been received, the candidate will then receive an email asking for further details to complete the registration process. These details will include your affiliation, address, phone number, training and experience. The application with personal details must be correctly submitted, including your full name, as the data requested will also be used for the certificates.
4. This information, once received, will be scrutinised in detail and the eligibility checked.
5. Applicants found eligible will be provided with instructions for payment of the fee (as are also specified here in the section entitled Account and Payment Details).
6. The application will be considered complete after receipt of payment. The appropriate examination fee in Euros must reach the designated UEMS account in full, i.e. the applicant must be responsible for any bank charges incurred through money transfer and/or currency conversion.
7. A final confirmation will be provided to successful applicants.
EXAMINATION ADMISSION FEES (in EUROS):
The admission fees for the full examination are given below. They apply for 2022 and will be reviewed annually.
In the event of cancellations more than 28 days before the examination, an application for a subsequent examination will be possible for a reduced fee at a subsequent sitting. Cancellations less than 28 days prior to the examination will not qualify for a reduced fee at a subsequent sitting.